IGIP mantains a list of accredited international engineering educators who were awarded with the title ING.PAED.IGIP. The title Ing.paed.IGIP certifies a certain educational level for a teacher, trainer or instructor, which is given by the IGIP curriculum.
Any engineering educator who passes the curriculum at any accredited training centre for International Engineering Education, and whose education, training and professional experience meet the IGIP standards may register for the professional register as "International Engineering Educator ING.PAED.IGIP".
Please download the ING.PAED.IGIP application form if you have fulfill the criteria.
IGIP Accreditation for Training Centres for International Engineering Educators
The ING.PAED.IGIP is for all technical teachers who are
- engineers according to IGIP principles and
- have studied according to the IGIP curriculum studies at accredited institutes
- plus have one year of teaching experiences.
This is a minimum qualification profile for teachers and trainers in engineering education.
IGIP curriculum is a modular system which consists of
- Core modules (7 Credit Points)
- Theory modules (5 CP)
- Practice modules (5 CP)
- Elective modules (3 CP)
The Core Modules include
- Engineering Education in Theory (2 CP)
- Engineering Education in Practice (3 CP)
- Laboratory Didactics (2 CP)
The Theory Modules include
- Psychology (2 CP)
- Sociology (1 CP)
- Engineering ethics (1 CP)
- intercultural competencies (1 CP)
The Practice Modules consist of
- Presentation and Communication Skills (2 CP)
- Scientific Writing (1 CP)
- Working with Projects (1 CP)
- ICT in Engineering Education (1 CP)
The Elective Modules consist of
- Evaluation of student performance (1 CP)
- Quality Management (1 CP)
- Portfolio Assessment (1 CP)
- Creative Thinking (1 CP)
- Coaching and Mentoring in Education (1 CP)
- Collaborative work (1 CP)
Both the Register and the title ING.PAED.IGIP will generally improve the position, role and responsibility of engineering educators in society.
Feel free to download the Recommendation for Studies in Engineering Pedagogy Science.